Monday, June 8, 2009

Rainy Day Blues meander

I have the rainy day blues....not something that is good to have when one lives in Buffalo, NY. Why? Because it rains more here than it rains almost anywhere. When I was little and we went to visit Seattle, WA, I'd tell my mom, "I really like it here, but it rains way too much. I could never live here." I said the same thing to my mother-in-law when she was gently urging us to move to Tacoma, WA. (I really meant it--I LOVE my mother-in-law!) So when we found out we were moving to Buffalo, we did a little research and found out that Buffalo actually gets more precipitation than Tacoma, WA every year (albeit some of ours is frozen.) Talk about a downer--I actually live somewhere it is cloudy and rainy more than sunny EVERY YEAR. Frankly, being an Alaskan, one would think this wouldn't bother me too much, but I get bluesy sometimes. Maybe that has more to do with Xavier having the stomach flu, my husband working late (again), my laundry pile being large and my list of to-dos being rather extensive. I'd rather read a book. I think I'll go make some brownies...I have the rainy day blues...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Isn't that what you are supposed to do on rainy days...read a book? Sounds like you have an excuse for lots of reading time. =) As for the laundry...get some Febreeze fabric spray when the kiddos run out of clothes. J/K!

Becky said...

Can I have a brownie? (Sorry, I've been on a diet for way too long!) Come to Denver--it boasts something like 300 days of sunshine per year. But that's deceiving because we have this little summer phenomenon where it clouds up and rains at least a little bit every afternoon. Oh yeah, and did you hear about our tornado? If not, go look at my blog!

Hi, Karen. Good idea with the Febreze! I've been known to pull kids' pants out of the hamper and scrub away spots with a baby wipe so they have something to wear!

Marianne said...

If you're going to make brownies, I'm on my way over!!!!

Love ya,
MP