Friday, June 26, 2009

Second Day of Summer Vacation...and so forth

Summer vacation is still lots of fun. Don't think that I am going to be able to blog the whole summer day by day, but while I can, I'm going to keep a record. So more pool today--and a great big HUGE thunderstorm. My kids still like each other. I even squeezed in a nap. We watched Tinkerbell...again! I'm taking that one back to the library. Friday was full of fun--especially the Surgical Department Party. Paddle boats and kayaks too! I even let Xavier go out in the kayak by himself. He was so proud that he could do it alone. I think I almost had a heart attack, but he got himself back to shore without capsizing and without me running in to get him. Dad took Orion out and almost went in the drink--but he did it! My outdoors-y hubby. He got his khaki's wet and wasn't happy, but it was good for him. Bella ate her body weight in BBQ and ice cream and was content with her paddle boat ride with Daddy. I was content to meet the other spouses and make plans for getting together in the future. They are a pretty eclectic lot. Saturday has been a day of errands and shopping. Why is Big Lots such a crazy place? I always buy way too many snacks and some really dumb things--but I did manage to get out without buying any toys! Go Mom! Target was another stop--with one purpose: Find the new Dora Super Babies movie. We went in, we found it, we got out with minimal fuss (okay, there was a fuss at the Bakugan section and the candy aisle). So here I sit blogging while my kids, yes, even the 8 yr old, are singing along with "Super Babies...Super Babies...googoo ga ga..." Aargh.

To bed with the minions. Sunday cometh. Summer vacation is fun...

2 comments:

Karen said...

I wish we were there...or you were here! Love you!

Becky said...

Okay, it's still weird for me to read about you having Tinker Bell and Dora movies in your house! Funny. I wish we could hang out at parks with you this summer! (Even though my kids have been in school since July 7th.)