Saturday, June 27, 2009

Orion's talk on Forgiveness June 28, 2009

My cute 5 year old gave this talk today. He came up with it (I found the scriptures, but he did the rest. As is pretty obvious by the story.) He did a great job and I am so proud of him.


As I forgive, I will be forgiven.

To forgive means that if someone hurts you or offends you, you say “it’s okay. I forgive you.” You don’t stay mad or try to hurt them back. You act with righteousness. You CALM down!

We are suppose to forgive because Jesus taught us to forgive. He and Heavenly Father forgive us when we do naughty things.
In the scriptures it says:
14 For if ye aforgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye aforgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. (Matt 6: 14-15)

Joseph Smith also taught us about forgiveness as he taught the Saints in Kirtland:
9 Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to aforgive one another; for he that bforgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin.
10 I, the Lord, will aforgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to bforgive all men. (D & C 64: 9-10)

One day Xavier kicked me. I felt sad. I forgave him. Another day, I accidentally hurt him and he forgave me. I am glad that we forgive each other in our family. When we forgive, it makes Jesus happy.

I believe God is true. I love Jesus. I love coming to church to learn about him. I am glad I have an eternal family. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Karen said...

GO ORION!!! See AK - your children DO listen. Good job!