Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pasta Query...

So this question may truly indicate that it is time for me to head to funny farm, but is it just me or do certain types of pasta seem to gravitate to the floor more readily than others? I mean really! Penne seems to stay on the table, but I make rigatoni or broken rigatoni (the little half ones) and I am picking them up off the floor for an hour. Yes, I made them for the kids today and even I had a hard time keeping them in the pan when I was cooking them. And don't get me started on spaghetti. Perhaps it is sort of like cold cereal. I've banned Kix from my house--they roll. Off the table, on the floor, away from the broom--banned. Life--allowed, but only under controlled circumstances. Life + Milk = substance stronger than cement. In my last house I left permenant "Life bricks" on the tile floor. No amount of scrubbing could get it off after it had set. Or maybe pasta is more like beverages. No one spills their cup with a lid on it. Only the water glass that is FULL or the milk or grape juice WITHOUT the lid go over. So I suppose, pasta has a life of its own as well.

No comments: