Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today was my mom's birthday. She is 35 again. She is going to always be 35 to me. I suppose it is only fair since I'll always be 10 to her. I am so luck to have her. She is fun to be with. We can always find something to talk about. Seriously--my husband asks, "what did you do the whole time?" We talked? Not a concept he can get his mind around. She likes good books--and bad ones sometimes. She has a wacky sense of humor. She gets my kids even wackier sense of humor. I think that is because it is her fault, but what do I know? She loves my kids with abandon and passion like a grandma should. She tells me I had the best Grandma in the world (she is right--her mom rocked!) but I think that now, my kids have the best Grandma ever. (They actually have two because my Mother-in-law rocks as well.)

My mom loves my husband--and even manages to make him laugh out loud. Not an easy task, for those of you that know him. She eggs him on--and likes to go on road trips with him. I'm not sure I like to go on road trips with him as much as she likes to go out on the open road with him. My mom is an adventurous soul--and a homebody at the same time. I love having pajama days with her where we all just stay in our nighties and eat and play games and watch movies and read lots of books. I love that we all get those. My mom invented those--I don't think my grandma ever spent a day not dressed, but my mom recognizes a soul's need to rest and find peace in the home.

My mom is so generous. For her birthday, she always spends more on other people than we spend on her. We had a lovely lunch out--which she paid for--even though it is her birthday. I love that my mom cares about people. She is a divine individual and I am glad that I got to spend today, her birthday with her.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy birthday, Grandma Susie! Love, Becky, Jeromy, Julia, and James

Karen said...

Yes, my other mother (and my kids' other grandma) ROCKS. And yes her mother rocked. Remember the Mickey Mouse pancakes? We are lucky to have her aren't we? Happy Birtdhay MOM!!!