Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bubbles

I hate bubbles. Oh, I love to watch the joy in my children's eyes, the fun they have while they are playing, but really--cold, slimy, messy, yuck! However, I give in and let them play with them outside or in the bathtub. Today was no different. Gorgeous day. Light wind, trees are all in bloom. Grass is green. We are sitting on the porch. I listen as they exchange the normal "bubble" banter: "mine are bigger," "mine fly higher," "mine don't pop." I remind my children that they need to stand on the grass to blow their bubbles so they don't get bubble juice on mommy. I remind them that standing OVER someone gets people all sticky from the drips from the bubble stick. I explain that gravity, such as it is, works and bubble juice drips DOWN. Guess what? It also pours. Orion was so enthralled with his beautiful bubbles that he didn't notice that he a)was standing ABOVE mommy and b) his bubble juice was pouring down the back of mommy's head and shirt. Cold, slimy, messy, yuck! I hate bubbles.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi! I'm glad to see you're blogging! Sorry about your bubble bath!

Karen said...

Yeah me too!