Monday, July 20, 2009

I love Matthew

I love Matthew. He, of the quiet sense of humor. The sarcastic yet sweet man who comes out of his shell at rock concerts...Yes, rock concerts. So, don't tell, but we went to a rock concert in Syracuse, NY yesterday. Yes, it was Sunday, but it was Bob. You know, Bob Dylan! Also Willie Nelson (an hour of my life I'll never get back.) John Mellancamp was pretty awesome though. He even sang his song, "I'm Fightin' 40..." for Matthew. Bob rocked as usual, however he was definitely more...sedate than usual. He even sang a song from his religious period. We were glad as we were feeling a little guilty about our Sunday Cultural adventure. Okay, "we" meaning "me"--Matthew was having a spiritual experience. He dances! He sings! He notes which songs I like to put on my IPod. He chats up the guy next to him. (Not the girls though. I'd get grumpy.) He moves me out of the way of the brawls (only 2) and the puking people (only 2)...and he holds my hand. I love Matthew.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Okay - we won't tell anyone! =) But Brian wants to know if you got a "second-hand high" on the Sabbath? J/K. I love that you love Matthew! =)

Becky said...

Did you marry some other guy named Matthew?? I mean, I know he likes Bob Dylan, but I just can't picture all the other stuff! Oh, and I don't know if Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, and John Mellencamp qualifies as a "rock concert," at least by today's standards! You're a good wife to go with him!

(I've made several other comments below, so check for them. Do you have your comments e-mailed to you? If you do that, you'll never miss one, even if it's left on an old post. You probably already know that, though!)